PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Linked Views

TjonesCESO
2008-05-28, 02:52 PM
The linked elevation views do not show the level line annotations correctly until I nudge or adjust the view crop window. Once fixed it fails to stay if I exit the file and then open it again.

Also if I cut and paste-aligned a section from the linked project to the host project, the section does not paste into the correct position even though the project coordinates have been shared.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Scott Womack
2008-05-28, 04:37 PM
The linked elevation views do not show the level line annotations correctly until I nudge or adjust the view crop window. Once fixed it fails to stay if I exit the file and then open it again.

Also if I cut and paste-aligned a section from the linked project to the host project, the section does not paste into the correct position even though the project coordinates have been shared.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

The intended workflow is for you to copy/monitor the Level lines and the grids in your file, from the linked views. Then you can turn off those items in the linked file by customizing the View settings for the linked file for that view.

TjonesCESO
2008-05-28, 06:47 PM
Thanks! That seems to work just fine.

It still seems like an extra unecessary step though. I should be able to link the view as is and use it without modification excluding sections and regions. When things move about in that kind of quirky manner I consider it a bug.

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-29, 12:40 AM
Ive been using them heavily for the last month or so, without experiencing the level issues. BUT, im not showing any levels or grids in the linked file or linked view. All of my levels/grids are shown in my main (host) file.

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-29, 12:43 AM
Also, we have been copy and pasting Section Markers, Elevations, Callouts (of both plan and elevation) without incident, BUT... were not using shared coordinates.

The projects footprint was small enough that we simply linked the buildings in OTO, and had them offset the correct distance in the files. While not the "proper" workflow, it works well as we never get far from the origin (in the widest direction the site is barely a quarter mile), and it saves us from the headache of trying to export to DWG with crop regions...

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-29, 08:52 PM
I also misspoke. I hadnt noticed the issue before, but it IS happening with out Linked Files.

The DO NOT display the Level annotations correctly. BUT, if on the side where they are incorrect (they are showing, and in the linked file view i have that side deactivated) if i move the crop region passed and then return it to proper size, it fixes itself. Pain in the arse. :)