PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region in elevation.

boofredlay
2008-05-28, 03:44 PM
Revit 2009.

Typically drafting a filled region in an elevation view is not a problem at all. Same with detail lines. Both are drafting and should not need a work plane etc...

The project I am currently on is working fine but a co-worker of mine (in another project) is not able to draw filled regions, detail lines, detail components or detail groups in an elevation view. He can in plan view just fine as well as in a section view, just not elevation. We are sure we are not on a sheet but in the elevation view itself.
When trying to draw a filled region Revit is asking for a work plane.

Any settings that dis-allow drafting in an elevation?

Thanks.

Scott Womack
2008-05-28, 04:31 PM
If it is asking for a work-plane, it sounds like he is trying to draw with model lines. Also, check the View Properties/Visibility Graphic Overrids for that view, and see if various types under the Lines catagory, or the catagory itself has been turned off. That might produce the behavior. Also, if the elevation is not perfectly parallel to the wall surface some funny things can happen.

Andre Carvalho
2008-05-28, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that shouldn't be happening with Filled Regions. Filled Regions are always parallel to the view, so no plane is required. Even if you create a filled region in elevation and later rotate the elevation tag, so the wall isn't parallel to the view anymore, you will notice that the filled region will follow the elevation and still be parallel to the view.

Andre Carvalho

boofredlay
2008-05-28, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys. He definately is not trying to draw model lines. He has been in meetings most of the day so I will check with him this afternoon to see if he has figured it out. Will check visibility settings too.

I have tried to recreate this problem with the visibility settings on another project but cannot seem to.

iru69
2008-05-28, 07:21 PM
This appears to be an occasional bug that crops up - trying to draw a filled region or detail lines and being asked to select a workplane.

I've never been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to it.

Try the usual: audit the file; go through all the review warnings and eliminate as many of them as possible; etc. If that doesn't work, it might be worth submitting it as a support request to see if they can identify the problem.

boofredlay
2008-05-29, 01:18 PM
Well thanks again guys. An audit was done which did no fix the problem. What he did was create a new elevation and deleted the old one and everything is working fine. Luckily no information was lost as the elevations were just being started.