PDA

View Full Version : How do you draw gutter on an angle?

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-13, 06:28 AM
Howdy you guys ;)
I was just wondering is there a way to draw gutter on an angled fascia ??
Revit seem to refuse to let me do that..

I don't want to get into generic modeling just to do this seems very messy way to draw angled gutter...

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-13, 06:47 AM
While I am at it, does anyone know there are any good down pipe family floating around ?? or do you guys just use columns for down pipe?

PeterJ
2004-09-13, 07:03 AM
While I am at it, does anyone know there are any good down pipe family floating around ?? or do you guys just use columns for down pipe?
Contributions here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4843&page=5&pp=10) from Martin P and I may help

SkiSouth
2004-09-13, 10:34 AM
Howdy you guys ;)
I was just wondering is there a way to draw gutter on an angled fascia ??
Revit seem to refuse to let me do that..

I don't want to get into generic modeling just to do this seems very messy way to draw angled gutter...

Use the Host Sweep Roof Fascia command. The gutter sweep is a horizontal sweep. Load the gutter profile you want, create a roof fascia using that profile, and then your gutter should follow the slope, using the Host sweep roof fascia command.

Richard McCarthy
2004-09-13, 12:20 PM
Ah thanks Skisouth! :)

. (hits the head... and mumble "should have try that..")

Arnel Aguel
2004-09-14, 08:33 AM
Usually what I will do is create first a fascia board prior to making another fascia with a gutter profile. This is because in construction if you use gutter with your roof it always come together with a fascia board since the fascia board also serves as the bracing of your gutter.
The second reason is that in actual construction you cannot turn the gutter up at the corner turn you need to have a small horizontal piece prior to turning up to the rake, the first fascia will create this path for you nice and easy.

Hope this helps.