PDA

View Full Version : Why is the column not showing up?

yentes1
2008-05-30, 02:09 PM
I have created a section detail for a column and the C-channel that connect to it. I put in a section arrow. If I set the section to look up the column and drag out the view area to go beyond the top of the model, I can see all the componets (column and C-channel) attaching to it. If I flip the section and look down the column and drag out the view area to include everything going down, all the componets show except the column. I would think the up view would be the same as the down view just mirrored. I can make the detail work for my project viewing either up or down. I am just curious if there is a setting or something like that that I might have turned off instead of on or something like that is making the column not show up?
Thanks,

Scott Womack
2008-05-30, 02:25 PM
I have created a section detail for a column and the C-channel that connect to it. I put in a section arrow. If I set the section to look up the column and drag out the view area to go beyond the top of the model, I can see all the componets (column and C-channel) attaching to it. If I flip the section and look down the column and drag out the view area to include everything going down, all the componets show except the column. I would think the up view would be the same as the down view just mirrored. I can make the detail work for my project viewing either up or down. I am just curious if there is a setting or something like that that I might have turned off instead of on or something like that is making the column not show up?
Thanks,

I've had a similar issue with a column that is in the linked Structural file, not appearing if I create it using a "Detail" callout, but if I create it as an enlarged plan callout, it is visible.

NKramer
2008-05-30, 03:05 PM
It could be the cut plan/ properties inside of the family. See this thread http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=80710

There is also a toggle in structural column families for cut as profile or to allow the actual modeled cut. This may be part of your problem too.

HTH
Nick

yentes1
2008-05-30, 06:43 PM
Thanks to both of you. I tried both suggestions and got both to work.