PDA

View Full Version : Campus Approach to T.I.'s in a Mall?

cek
2008-05-30, 05:29 PM
We are considering using the campus approach to work on various T.I.'s within a mall or strip center and wanted to see if anyone else had used this technique and what if any problems were encountered.

The major difference I see is that most of the work will reside within the T.I. project and the master project file will provide a comprehensive representation and analysis of the entire facility; which, typically would contain the development parking counts and any master exiting requirements.

The question that comes up is, there will be a number of drawings and shedules in the master project file that we will want in the T.I. set. As I understand linking we can only share the building components and not things like schedules, so it appears that we will need to set up specific sheets within the master project file (related to our T.I.) that will get inserted into the printed T.I. set, and we will need to keep our self populating index resident within the T.I. project and create place holders for the sheets coming from our master project file.

Let me know if this approach seems off base or there are any other hidden problems I'm going to encounter by proceeding down this road.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

twiceroadsfool
2008-05-31, 02:23 AM
Im not sure im following correctly, but you can certainly schedule in the TI projects (tenant fitouts?) and in those schedules include Linked File Elements (bottom left corner check box).

So you can put the same schedule in the TI priject, and if the master is linked in to it as well, you can schedule the same elements that are in the *other* schedule in the master...