PDA

View Full Version : Rendering 2008

cdchristian
2008-06-02, 04:06 PM
Is there a way for multiple users to share/edit project specific materials in the same library? All of our accurender materials are housed on the individual C:/ drives and are inaccessible to other users. When others go to raytrace a view, they are missing materials. Or, if we copy and paste materials to a network based library, we run the risk of erasing other peoples' materials or edits. Any suggestions for sharing this info?

Scott Womack
2008-06-02, 04:16 PM
You would have to create a central library on the server, and then point everyones computer to that location for materials.

cdchristian
2008-06-02, 04:18 PM
How does one point the software to look for materials in the central library as opposed to the local disk?

Scott Womack
2008-06-02, 04:20 PM
How does one point the software to look for materials in the central library as opposed to the local disk?

Settings/Options Rendering Tab, and change the location in the flile location.

cdchristian
2008-06-02, 04:44 PM
thanks. works great.

patricks
2008-06-02, 06:21 PM
When we tried doing that, it was VERY slow when changing/updating materials, even on a gigabit network.

Of course now in 2009, all materials are project-specific anyway. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I need to use a material I made in one project on another project.

Scott D Davis
2008-06-03, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I need to use a material I made in one project on another project.

Select an object with the material in one project, and Ctrl-C, then Ctrl-V into another project.