PDA

View Full Version : yet another lineweight question....

rupertv
2008-06-03, 09:41 AM
to add to the extensive list of lineweights...

a friend of mine is currently learning revit and, being an interior designer, her focus is slightly different from mine...and she keeps asking me questions that i don't have the answers for...well...not 100% anyway...

so here's the question...

when doing a piece of joinery/casework...is there any way to assign different lineweights to different types of timber? and i'm not referring to the object/graphic overides per view...when doing a section through an object to graphically differentiate between the different timbers they might be using...

thanks for any answers/comments/feedback...

cheers.

Scott Womack
2008-06-03, 10:47 AM
to add to the extensive list of lineweights...

when doing a piece of joinery/casework...is there any way to assign different lineweights to different types of timber? and i'm not referring to the object/graphic overides per view...when doing a section through an object to graphically differentiate between the different timbers they might be using...cheers.

Your not providing alot of detail for a concise answer. Is it a 2D drafting detail? Is it a 3D Family? The answer is different depending upon what is being attempted. In a family, you'd have to create sub-object styles for each species, then set the lineweights. In adrafting view, you'd have to create linestyles or filled regions for each.

rupertv
2008-06-03, 11:04 AM
Hi Scott...

Thanks for the quick reply...

they are doing the furniture as 3D models and then doing joinery drawings from those...you refer to "sub-object styles "...can you please expand a bit on this.

thanks...

Scott Womack
2008-06-03, 12:09 PM
Hi Scott...

Thanks for the quick reply...

they are doing the furniture as 3D models and then doing joinery drawings from those...you refer to "sub-object styles "...can you please expand a bit on this.

thanks...

When you are in the Family Editor creating the casework. You go to Settings/Object Styles, and click on New. This allows you to add sub-objects to the family. You'll have to click on the 3D objects, and change them to the sub-objects. When this family is added to the project, under View Graphic Overrides, (say casework) these will then show up under that catagory, allowing you to treat their graphics differently from all other casework.

rupertv
2008-06-03, 12:44 PM
Thanks Scott...much appreciated..will play around with it and let you guys kno how it went...

cheers...

rupertv
2008-06-04, 05:38 AM
Hi Scott...

played with the settings last night...works like a charm...thanks for the help...and so i also learn something new...heheh...

cheers..