PDA

View Full Version : Project Browser Organization

greg.gebert978266
2008-06-03, 03:02 PM
Correct me if I am wrong. The way that you organize the project browser is user based, not project. I noticed that when I change the organization in my local copy the change does not save to central. If this is true, is there a way to forced this to be project based?
I have a feeling the only way to control this is to have your default template set up prior to starting the project, or setting the central file up prior creating local copies. Any thoughts?

MNsnowtaTy
2008-06-03, 03:12 PM
Yeah you can set up your project browser settings ahead of time and add or delete anything you want to have in it when you start a project. But I'm pretty sure you can't edit the project browser for the whole project throughout it.

Not 100% on that, but close to it.

greg.gebert978266
2008-06-03, 03:14 PM
I wish that was a project setting so the "project" looks the same everywhere.

MNsnowtaTy
2008-06-03, 03:35 PM
Are you using 2008 or 2009? Because I haven't used 2009 to much yet, so I can't say that they don't have something in there now.

Scott Womack
2008-06-03, 04:17 PM
If you are using "named" sets of settings for your project Browser, they DO save when you save to central. However, they do no change others who have the file open on them. To test, save to a central file with different named settings. Now exit, and copy the file via windows back to your local. Open that file, say yes to the warning, and when you go into Revit, your project will start with the changed settings.

greg.gebert978266
2008-06-03, 04:36 PM
I have been doing a little investigation and it appears that the settings do save back to central. However, those changes do not reload to others local files.