PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameters for Materials & Schedule

stuntmonkee
2008-06-03, 03:17 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but either way, it has me twisted up :Oops:

We are starting to tag our materials in elevation. Should be a tag that calls out material and a tag that calls out finish. I have the tag all set up no problem, but once inserted I havent been able to set up a schedule that will allow me to add the new information to materials.

All the information is already there, and and I can get the material tag to pull the information that is already listed under the identity of the material. So I supposed i could just imply that "Mark" will be our finish. . . .the problem is that I havent been able to find a way to schedule the finishes in my wall sweeps.

yeah, definatly a profile thing. I can get the tag and schdule to work with the information provided, and it will show every material except for the materials listed in a profile :?

Any thoughts? how to pull that info out?

cliff collins
2008-06-03, 03:39 PM
1. Make sure the material is actually in the project. (seems obvious--but sometimes fixes this.)
2. Make sure the material is properly applied in the sweep itself.
3. Try painting the material onto a sweep to see if it then tags/schedules properly?

Also, are the sweeps wall hosted, or in-place sweeps?

cheers.....

stuntmonkee
2008-06-03, 04:21 PM
1. Make sure the material is actually in the project. (seems obvious--but sometimes fixes this.)
2. Make sure the material is properly applied in the sweep itself.
3. Try painting the material onto a sweep to see if it then tags/schedules properly?

Also, are the sweeps wall hosted, or in-place sweeps?

cheers.....

1) he he. . . .good to go on this one. Its not that the material doesnt exist. It tags just fine, it just wont schedule.

2) It is applied. Like I said, using the tag that work on everything else, the tag pulls the information. But its my Multi Catagory Marterial Takeoff schedule that wont see any materials used in sweeps. Havent tried a inplace sweep. So far this is limited to Wall hosted and mullions on storefronts.

3) Good idea. . . .no go. Effects the tag, but not the schedule.

stuntmonkee
2008-06-03, 09:06 PM
Still working on it. . .

I tried sneaking up on the profiles and tagging them. . . .I even disguised the tag with a new shape. . . .still the schedule will not show it. :lol:

I'm going to see if I draft in the dark & wear all black. . . .maybe will work?

Heres a sample

Things to note. . .

I tagged all the materials in the same way

The schedule is set to only show materials with information assigned to it, but even if you set it to show all instances, the 2nd stucco material and mullion material will not show.

The door was inserted to test the idea that it might not tag embedded materials. . .but it does.

I also added an inplace family sweep to test the profile idea of not working. . .and it works.

I just added the railing, and to my surprise, neither vertical or horizontal elements will schedule their materials.

stuntmonkee
2008-06-05, 04:04 PM
(From Autodesk)

Hi Jasen,

Unfortunately there are certain elements which cannot appear in a material takeoff schedule. These elements do include railings and wall sweeps. Using the railing as an example, the railing is made up of two nested profile types [railing and balusters]. The railing and balusters contain the related material, which appears graphically and contains the data but cannot currently appear in a schedule.

To see the list of available types, go to View, New, Material Takeoff. The categories under <Multi-Category> are available for use.

This file is an excellent example to submit to development for the benefit this additional scheduling ability would provide. There is currently a request for this feature; I will add your service request to it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I apologize there is currently no adequate workaround I can provide you.

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk Support Team