PDA

View Full Version : Level Units

wjspence
2008-06-03, 05:09 PM
We are matching the levels on an existing project and showing them in absolute values. Because our Project Units are set to imperial they are showing values llike 593"-1 9/32".

I found that for spot elevations in Unit Properties there is an option to have units based on either project settings or changing them to decimal or even metric.

Is there a way to change the units for levels to decimal feet without changing project units?

Thanks for any help

Bill Spence
Parsons

Scott Womack
2008-06-03, 05:54 PM
[quote=Is there a way to change the units for levels to decimal feet without changing project units?
Bill Spence[/quote]

Yes, Here goes...

Go to Annotation, Edit the Level Gead, making a new family version. Select the Elevation, label, and and then the Properties. Here you'll be able to click off the Project Units, and then set it to decimal feet. Save, then push into project. Select a Level line in Elevation or section, Peroperties/Edit New/ Duplicate. Make a new Level Line style, and set the head to the modified one. Then push into project. You'l have to select the levels and change their styles to the new one. Now the Levels show the shared coordinates, in decima feet, without changing the Project Units.

patricks
2008-06-03, 06:29 PM
If only there were a way to control the units shown for the points while editing a topo region.

Whenever my boss works on a project site, I always find the project units changed to decimal feet :evil:

wjspence
2008-06-03, 07:12 PM
That worked well.

Thank you, Scott.

Bill Spence