PDA

View Full Version : Make Grid lines visible in a certain view?!

samov
2008-06-03, 10:35 PM
Make Grid lines visible in a certain view?!I have 20 grid lines in a project. What happens is, that in a floor plan below ground level some of them are not visible. They are not hidden, i checked, nor graphically overridden.

They seem not to propagate to the view or to any view lower than ground level.

I've tried propagate extents but it doen't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?!

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-06-04, 12:01 AM
Find an elevation or section view where the grids are visible (or create one) and then drag the grids down past the lowest level datum. Revit will not see a grid unless it is 'cut' by the view range of the level.

adb
2008-06-04, 12:13 AM
Yep,

The 3d extents of your grids are probably not extending far enough to intersect the level.

The easiest way to check this is to create a new temporary elevation view from scratch. This will show the grids in their virgin state with their original 3d extents.

You should be able to see where the problem is. The grids that are not showing up may have their 2d extents showing in a particular view correctly while at the same time the grids 3d extents don't extend far enough to intersect the level.

As a side note, this can also occur in elevation views for similar reasons.

cliff collins
2008-06-04, 01:38 PM
You might also try using a Scope Box to attach the grids to.

Cheers....

samov
2008-06-05, 08:53 AM
Thank you for your solutions. I have fixed the problem... :D

cliff collins: i've sent you a pm. Thank you.

Find an elevation or section view where the grids are visible (or create one) and then drag the grids down past the lowest level datum. Revit will not see a grid unless it is 'cut' by the view range of the level.

Yep,

The 3d extents of your grids are probably not extending far enough to intersect the level.

The easiest way to check this is to create a new temporary elevation view from scratch. This will show the grids in their virgin state with their original 3d extents.

You should be able to see where the problem is. The grids that are not showing up may have their 2d extents showing in a particular view correctly while at the same time the grids 3d extents don't extend far enough to intersect the level.

As a side note, this can also occur in elevation views for similar reasons.