PDA

View Full Version : Structural columns change length when switched from medium/fine to coarse view

markarmour
2008-06-04, 01:14 AM
I draw structural steel into the model, then on the plans and elevations assign each member to girder, purlin etc. then assign a line weight so they appear as "stick' drawings. This works fine for roofs. With wall steel elevations, if there are columns that start at first floor due to a cantilevered slab for example, when the view is switch to coarse the column extends to the ground floor. The columns parameters still say it is starting from first floor. Switch back to medium and all is as it should be. Any ideas?
Mark

yentes1
2008-06-04, 01:38 PM
First, I want to say I am beginner at Revit and still have a lot to learn and rely heavily on the experienced users on this forum for advice and guidance. Maybe one of the more experienced users may have a better suggestion...but here is mine... I have had a similar problem before. I fixed it by going to the Element Properties dialogue box, under the Construction section. My Start Extension and End Extension were not set to 0'-0". Once I updated that information, the problem was solved. I hope this helps.
Ben

markarmour
2008-06-05, 01:00 AM
Yentes 1,
Thanks for your reply. What you say seems to apply to horizontal and raking members. Structural columns do not appear to have that option. I am using Revit Architecture 2009.
Mark