PDA

View Full Version : working on a big stadium and i need a suggestion.....

ntnik
2008-06-06, 02:42 PM
initialy i just needed something sorta sketchy .... a continious 360 degree sweep was fine.....the phacility is large and concrete seating risers are not 360 sweeps.....in reality they are strainght and angle at 10 degree incriments.....when i make a sweep with the intention of arraying it i create a gap (refer to pdf).....i assume if my 2D path is on the other end (2D path here is at lowere level) i would create an overlap.....i recently had to redesign some seating in an area so i more accurately created the concrete risers as individual floors and it is more accurate my question is ....si that the way to go, to do them as floors?

sfaust
2008-06-06, 03:34 PM
Two ways you could do it. You could use stairs and get it pretty quickly. You may have to redo it later, though, for scheduling purposes, etc. You could also sweep far enough to include the full width of the top portion, creating the overlap that you talked about, then use a void to cut out the overlap...

patricks
2008-06-06, 05:10 PM
you should be able to create those upper risers as a continuous sweep, just draw the path with segmented lines instead of a circular path. That should get you what you need without having to worry about gaps, overlaps, void cuts, etc.

ntnik
2008-06-06, 06:36 PM
thanks guys