PDA

View Full Version : db connect

jbayne
2004-09-14, 12:57 PM
Does anybody know of any good references for learning more about this tool. If anybody has any experience with this please let me know either good or bad.

jimmy.bergmark
2004-09-14, 01:13 PM
We use it pretty extensively. What do you want to use it for?

jbayne
2004-09-14, 01:28 PM
The company that I am working for is trying to break ground into Facilities Management. We are wondering if this will be a viable option to use for the scheduling. We are also considering using hyperlinks to excel spreadsheets. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

jimmy.bergmark
2004-09-14, 01:40 PM
What AutoCAD version/vertical are you using? I.e. if you use ADT it has good enough features for this.

We don't use it for scheduling even though I think it would be possible. We use it to show tag information from our Engineering Database like the tag number, system, sub system, etc.

jbayne
2004-09-14, 01:48 PM
We are just getting around to implementing ADT 2004. We were using ADT 2. All of our work has been 2d. We are trying to get the idea across of the advantages of model drawing. One of the principals has already gone to a client to tell them of all things that adt can be used for and now I am tasked to learn and put together all of the items that will give them a facilities management package.