PDA

View Full Version : Parameters

Charlie
2004-09-14, 02:29 PM
I am having a problem with material parameters. In 5.1 I could place a family into a project and then pick the family go to properties, within the project, and change it's material instances.

In 6.1build 20040306_0300, this doesn't work. I can change the material by category, but not by instance parameter within the family properties.

I am not sure if It has something to do with my network install of the Revit resources. Or if this is a fundamental change in Revit. I have the accurender folder "AccuRenderRedist" on the network and the material libraries are on the network. The Settings>Options are pointing to the resources.

Any ideas?

Thanks

aaronrumple
2004-09-14, 03:51 PM
That all depends on how the family was created. Some authors will put material parameters in thire families - others don't. Nothing to do with any paticular version of Revit - just how the family was made...

Charlie
2004-09-14, 05:51 PM
Hi Aaron

I made the families and they worked fine in 5.1. I could pick them in the project and change the material assignments. Now in 6.1 it no longer works.

Thanks

aaronrumple
2004-09-14, 06:00 PM
...would suggest you post a family.

Charlie
2004-09-14, 06:26 PM
Here you go.

aaronrumple
2004-09-14, 06:52 PM
All of your objects are marked with material "By Category". You can globally update everything in the project my changing the material in Settings->Object Styles. Every object of that style will change.

However your material parameters are not linked to the actual objects. So you can't change an instance or type material. In your case you made the parameters instances.

In the attcahed I associated the RC-Structure mass with the RC-Structure parameter. It works as one would expect.

Charlie
2004-09-14, 08:13 PM
Aaron your a gentleman and a scholar. That is precisely the step I was missing.

Many Thanks!!!!

Charlie

Charlie
2004-09-17, 07:17 PM
I did as you suggested and everything seemed to work fine, except after I place it in a project, and change one of the material instances the length paramenter stops working.

Any clues as to why. This is extremely strange. I have been using Revit since 3.0 and these have always worked. What changed?

Thanks