PDA

View Full Version : Michigan based Revit Architecture Training

techsupport.161645
2008-06-10, 03:14 PM
My office is looking to implement Revit Architecture and I am in need of some information on possible training facilities.

We are looking to do an implementation based on an upcoming project that does not have an aggressive schedule which will gives those working on the project time to get familiar with the new tool.

We are hesitant about sending those working on the project too soon for training and have them not use Revit for a few months and loose what they have learned. We think the project based implementation might be the best option and sending them to training right before the project kickoff.

If anyone knows of training resources we can look into its greatly appreciated.

dxarhoulakos
2008-06-13, 04:00 PM
My office is looking to implement Revit Architecture and I am in need of some information on possible training facilities.

We are looking to do an implementation based on an upcoming project that does not have an aggressive schedule which will gives those working on the project time to get familiar with the new tool.

We are hesitant about sending those working on the project too soon for training and have them not use Revit for a few months and loose what they have learned. We think the project based implementation might be the best option and sending them to training right before the project kickoff.

welcome to AUGI!

First thing to do is check with your local reseller. I'm sure they have classes your users can take on the software of choice. You bring up a good point with regard to retaining information. Here is what I do to resolve that.

Send people for the training (this is now mostly done in house by me). Then we also have a series of video capture tutorials. Some we purchased and some we created.

The video tutorials are a good reference for someone just learning the software, and can go back for a refresher anytime.

sschwartz85916
2008-06-19, 05:06 PM

Avatech (http://www.avatech.com/) may have some good revit training for you.

ameador
2008-07-10, 08:55 PM
I have had good luck with the mid-west Avatech people as well.

Here is a link to their training info.
http://www.avatech.com/training/

They can do anything from you coming to them for open classes to them coming to you to train a few or quite a few. They can tailor classes to be exactly what you need as well.