PDA

View Full Version : General details problems

Wagurto
2004-09-15, 01:35 AM
I almost finish my first revit project, but now I am having problems with my general details, generally I put some details like pavers driveway on my site plan sheet. But I don know how to do that. First i try to import from autocad into a detail component but the scale was wrong and the hatch from AutoCAD did not showed up. then I tried to draw it from scratch in Revit in one of the details components, but some of the hatch patterns that I need was not available. and the scale was wrong when I place it to my project. then I tried to create an in place family in my project but no drafting tool where available only for modeling 3d object. I am really lost in this one any ideas how to draw a small detail and place it into my project to the right scale? there is no scale tool so I don't no how to Handel his problem
thanks

Mr Spot
2004-09-15, 02:29 AM
I would do it as a detail component. You mentioned the detail component template doesn't have the appropriate fill patterns. You can load or create new fill patterns in the setting menu under fill patterns, select new, then for basic specify the angles, spacing etc, or import a .pat file containing the appropriate hatch.

Wagurto
2004-09-15, 03:21 AM
thanks chris. but how do I handle the scale issue. What scale show I draw it? how about the text annotations? where do I place it in my project in the views or on the sheets?
All these things seems so complicated to me.
Thanks again for your help

beegee
2004-09-15, 04:55 AM
Import/link the AutoCAD detail into a drafting view, setting the view scale to be the same as the original.

You can then place it on a drawing sheet as is, or you can fiddle with the imported line settings or you can trace it in Revit using the 2D drawing tools and then turn off the visibility of the imported detail, and use the Revit detail.

The advantage of the latter is that you can then group the Revit detail and save it out to a detail library file if you wish.

You could also just keep the AutoCAD detail in a library file for future use to link to.

BomberAIA
2004-09-15, 11:26 AM
I put all my Acad details in a Drafting View. I set the scale at what I want the detail to be. I have to edit the detail a little....line weights, fonts, etc. Then I puth the view on a Detail Sheet. You can also overlay an Acad Detail on a Callout and turn off the walls, floors, etc. This would leave the Level Notations on in the detail.

BomberAIA
2004-09-15, 11:27 AM
All the detail above are from Acad overlayed on a Callout. The details are edited. I hope this helps.