PDA

View Full Version : Hatch patterns in Acad imports

tim.101799
2008-06-12, 07:17 PM
I have some site CAD files from out civil engineer that I am linking into my revit project. Several of the hatch patterns in this cad file display as solid grey in revit instead of the way the hatch should look. Is this a know bug?

The only work around I have found is to explode the hatches. But when I do this the Cad file size spikes from 1.5mb to 9.0mb.

sbrown
2008-06-13, 01:51 AM
This is certainly a common issue. I'm not sure of a good solution since the error seems to be caused by the drafting/vs model patterns and LTSCale in adsk. It would be a good idea to send the file in to adsk and see if they can answer exactly how to fix it.

tim.101799
2008-06-13, 06:35 PM
This is certainly a common issue. I'm not sure of a good solution since the error seems to be caused by the drafting/vs model patterns and LTSCale in adsk. It would be a good idea to send the file in to adsk and see if they can answer exactly how to fix it.

I isolated the problem hatches in Acad and I changed the lt scale (not the hatch scale) of each hatch to 360 in the properies dialog box to match my revit drawing scale of 1"=30'-0". I reloaded the acad import in revit and the hatches appeared correctly