PDA

View Full Version : Can't Delete Dimension

wse1
2008-06-13, 01:25 AM
Can anyone give me a clue as why I can't delete a dimension in a window family? Each time I pick the dimension and hit delete, nothing happens. What gives?

Thanks

Scott D Davis
2008-06-13, 02:25 AM
its one of the hard coded parameters for a window, so you cant delete it.

rkitect
2008-06-16, 01:11 PM
It could also be that you have Automatic Sketch Dimensions turned on. Check your Visibility Graphics dialogue to see if this is the case.

brenehan
2008-06-17, 11:02 AM
Hi wse1

Scott is spot on in that it is a system window parameter. You won't be able to remove this kind of parameters from a family RFA file, however you can delete the physical dimension associated with the parameter.
You can do this by deleting the reference plane the dimension is associated to. If it is a reference line you want to hold on to, create a temporary reference plane beside the existing one. Right click on the dimension and select move witness line. Move it to the temporary reference plane. Then delete the temporary reference plane and the dimension will be deleted as well.
The parameter will still remain within the family.

Brian

Revit Face Punch
2018-07-24, 07:52 PM
It could also be that you have Automatic Sketch Dimensions turned on. Check your Visibility Graphics dialogue to see if this is the case.

This was my exact issue thank you!