PDA

View Full Version : Floor/enclosed area problem

dg
2004-09-15, 08:11 AM
There does not seem to be many posts on problems with enclosed floor areas, so I hope its not just me!

When placing a floor, what are the things that could cause it to give a "not enclosed area" error when placing a room tag?

I have had this a few times now where I have made a floor, enclosed by walls but my 'room with area' tag will not display the area as the room is not enclosed. Rather than mess about , I insert the area text manually.

Do walls have to go below the bottom of the floor, need to be of the same phase, not be demolished etc, to make the room and enclosed room?

I seem to try various options, but some rooms will just not enclose.

Cheers

PeterJ
2004-09-15, 09:08 AM
I sometimes get a room not enclosed area where there are complex wall junctions. The easiest way to fix it and avoid using text seems to be to place some room separating lines. At least that way your schedules continue to work.

Walls shouldn't need to go below current level to make a room work. Demolished walls can affect room definition, but you should find that a new room in the phase with the demolition will extend to the retained/new walls.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-09-15, 03:59 PM
Check to be certain your wall family properties are defined as 'room bounding'. I also believe if a wall is lower than the defined cut plane then it will not be considered as room bounding regardless of its family properties.

Scott D Davis
2004-09-15, 04:10 PM
It would be great if a room boundary were not closed, Revit could highlight the offending area. Obviously, it knows its not closed, and knows where the break occurs....now just show us!

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-15, 04:47 PM
Are curtain walls in this plan...that's the first thing I look for, a curtain wall that isn't joined to the adjacent walls properly. Next thing I'll do is draw a room separation line across the space to divide it up. If the tag starts to work...I'll move it toward the side that doesn't until I've pinned down the spot that isn't cleaning up. Usually dragging the end of a wall away and back to the intersection will "fix" it....