PDA

View Full Version : storefront mullion moving

scz
2008-06-13, 02:30 PM
I'm getting hung up on moving mullions on storefront.

I'm trying to make punched storefront windows like in the attached image (using 2009)

Using layout parameters (Maximum, Minimum, Fixed #, Fixed Dist.) seem to work for even spacing only. Is that assumption right? Layout: None leads any type-driven mullions to be non associated.

Here's my thoughts:

Even spacing is fine for the 1 vert mullion (Fixed Number, justified: Center). So that can be type driven.

The horiz. grids are not evenly spaced, so I assume I just have to draw them in. I used the Curtain Grid.

Cool. They're drawn in, but need to tweak the horiz. spacing/distances. I can't seem to do it either graphically or by keyed in parameter.

Is there a better approach? How do I move mullions? Please help!

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-13, 03:05 PM
To move the mullions you'll have to move the grid line. First select the grid line and see if there's a blue pin attached to it. If yes, you can't move the grid line unless you select the pin to "unpin" it. Doing that, just select the temporary dimension and change it. All the mullions attached to the grid line will move accordingly.

Andre Carvalho

scz
2008-06-13, 03:17 PM
Andre-

In the elevation view, I hit the modify button and then cursor over the mullions. The only thing highlighting for selection is the mullion lines - grid lines aren't showing, dashed, hidden until moused over, or otherwise. Did I miss something?

Having nothing else to select, I go ahead and click on the mullion lines. A blue pin shows up. I click it and a red diagonal line shows on the pin. I'm assuming it's unpinned. No temp dimensions show, and the Move button has no effect either.

Any thoughts? How do I get the grid lines to show?

I really appreciate your input!

-z

Steve_Stafford
2008-06-13, 03:32 PM
You need to use the TAB key. Place your cursor over the mullion and press the tab key once and repeat until Revit displays the Curtain Grid. If it doesn't work move your cursor slightly over the mullion and try again. It is too subtle a process...takes patience.

scz
2008-06-13, 03:50 PM
steve-

That's the ticket!
My profuse thanks!

Every time I open Revit up I'm overwhelmed by how non-intuitive it is. It's obviously mastered by patience and practice.

That's why input from "been there tried that" folks like you is so valuable.

Thanks again, to Andre as well.

-z

patricks
2008-06-13, 09:31 PM
heh I actually think it's pretty intuitive, but then I've been using it for several years. I'm sure it's more intuitive than some other programs out there *cough*CAD*cough* :p