PDA

View Full Version : New Weld Symbol

djn
2008-06-13, 03:27 PM
I have been getting complaints about the weld symbol in Revit being to long when we aren't showing all the information. So I took that weld symbol that had been developed by and another user (which I think know is the one that ships with Revit), and made some modifications to it, so that when we don't show weld lengths or stitch welds the length of the weld symbol gets smaller. I did this by added a new yes/no parameter that controls if you want to see the weld length. I also had to nest the tail label into the weld symbol family. I thought I would post it here is case anyone else wanted to use it.

I made it a different name so you could distingue between the new and old. If you really wanted to get into it you can specify your own lengths. Also let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it.

jmctamney
2008-06-13, 04:33 PM
I'm loading it as we speak. Good job!!! Now I'll have to do something about the size ot those symbols. They've always been HUGE. Why is that?

m.ayers
2010-04-20, 05:05 PM
The weld symbol works nicely until I turn off either the field weld or the all-around or both. The line goes back to it's original length even though the weld symbol length parameter shows the shorter dimension. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, have you figured out how to fix it?

djn
2010-05-04, 05:54 PM
Aw yes I see what I you mean I will see if I can fix it.

Update:

I found what the problem was. Forgot to lock dimension. Here is new version. Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem for you.

m.ayers
2010-05-25, 02:33 PM
I still could not get it to work right, so I played with the one I have. I added some invisible lines and grouped the symbols to the right. It seems to be working now. Thanks for you effort.

djn
2010-05-28, 05:15 PM
I also took a look at it and it seems to be working now. I am not sure what happened it use to work.

ppirtle
2010-05-28, 05:56 PM
Dennis -

Did you change any overall sizes of the sub-elements?

- Patrick

djn
2010-05-29, 12:17 AM
Nope I left them as they are. I started to look at that but realized it was going to be more work than I initially thought. Are you looking to have them reduced also?

nasser.marafi
2010-08-17, 09:21 AM
Is there a way to include the arrow head pointer into the weld symbol family. Similar to the arrow head when using Text (TX).

ppirtle
2010-08-17, 02:06 PM
Nasser -

When you place the weld symbol, you should be able to indicate the "Number of Leaders" you want. Also, if you forget to do that before placing the symbol, then once you've placed it, you can select the placed symbol and use the "Leader" area on the "Modify Generic Annotations" tab of the ribbon to add or remove leaders.

HTH

nasser.marafi
2010-08-22, 07:30 AM
Got it! Thanks

rstavares
2011-06-17, 08:55 PM
is there a way to change the side the leader goes on with this symbol? That would subsequently mean changing the side of the tail note as well...

smm.144
2011-06-18, 10:12 AM
is there a way to change the side the leader goes on with this symbol? That would subsequently mean changing the side of the tail note as well...

Check/Uncheck "Symbol left" Parameter.
The leader is independent from family, just drag it to the other side, so it will stick to that side.

houston.cad
2013-04-16, 09:56 PM
I got a lot of good information from this thread.
Here is the weld symbol I made for my office.