PDA

View Full Version : after creating a group it does not show up project browser

ray salmon
2008-06-13, 05:59 PM
have created a group called "handle" for cabinates but when whant to use it ... not listed under groups in browser

r

jmctamney
2008-06-13, 07:34 PM
It's not supposed to be in the project browser. When you click the groups on the design bar, the group you created will show up in the type selector pulldown right above the design bar.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-06-13, 07:42 PM
Is it a model group or a detail group?

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-13, 07:55 PM
It's not supposed to be in the project browser. When you click the groups on the design bar, the group you created will show up in the type selector pulldown right above the design bar.

Yes they are. When a group is created, it should be listed in the Project Browser just below (+) Families. You should see (+) Groups and then if they are model groups or detail groups, they should be separated by (+) Detail or (+) Model.

The problem the user is facing is that its groups aren't showing there...

Andre Carvalho

ray salmon
2008-06-13, 08:38 PM
Is it a model group or a detail group?

it is a model group

specifically it is a created handle for cabinate drawer fronts
can't seem to get is to list our in the groups +

maybe its the way i am saving it or something

other groups have created are listing out.

r

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-13, 08:43 PM
What do you mean by "the way I'm saving it"? Are you doing something different from what you have done to the other groups? When you create a group you just have to name it, unless you are loading the group that's saved somewhere else and then it will bring the name with it.

But either way it should be listed under (+)Groups.

Andre Carvalho

aaronrumple
2008-06-13, 09:31 PM
Is this a group nested inside a family? Is so - it won't show....

jmctamney
2008-06-16, 12:28 PM
Yes they are. When a group is created, it should be listed in the Project Browser just below (+) Families. You should see (+) Groups and then if they are model groups or detail groups, they should be separated by (+) Detail or (+) Model.

The problem the user is facing is that its groups aren't showing there...

Andre Carvalho

Well, I learned something new today. Three years of using Revit and I'm still learning.