PDA

View Full Version : Project Orientation

brd
2008-06-13, 09:07 PM
Could you guys please give me a little advice how to set up and multi-building project in revit? We've got a shopping center with 3 main blocks of buildings. Block 1 is several "big box" tenants whose entrance faces north. Block 2 is several more big box tenants who face east, and block 3 is a group of small shops tenants who face south. The site plan is a CAD file linked into Revit, and we've modeled each tenant in their proper location on the site plan. Here's where it gets complicated. On the sheets (plan and RCP), each tenant's entrance and sidewalk needs to face to the right of the page. In other words, the tenants for block 1 and block 3 need to rotate while block 2 is correct.

Can this be done by manipulating the project/true north settings? I've used Revit for a long time, but never have a I done a multi-building project like this. I'd prefer to keep all of this as one Revit file and not break it into multiple files.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help.

patricks
2008-06-13, 09:29 PM
It's as simple as creating a cropped view for each block (or each tenant if needed), and then rotating the crop region. You will have to resize the crop region after you rotate it, as the view itself will rotate but the crop region box will remain oriented the same way.

Also, you need to rotate in the opposite direction that you actually need the view to rotate. I've explained why elsewhere, but if Block 1 tenants need to rotate clockwise so the entrance faces east on the page, then rotate the crop region 90 degrees counterclockwise, and vice versa for Block 3 tenants.

brd
2008-06-13, 09:46 PM
A million thank you's my good friend! I love it when a seemingly difficult problem has the simplest answer!