PDA

View Full Version : Linked Projects - Scheduling of Doors for Different Buildings

d.stairmand
2008-06-16, 04:45 AM
Guys
I am beginning to document up a Project with the Same Building, multiple times in the Complex. I want to use a Linked Project for the Building. Its all going great - but for the Scheduling & Keynoting

Here is my question:
1] How do you differentiate between the Buildings for the Schedule? so that i can schedule 1 Buildings Doors etc, then the Next Buildings Doors etc?

2] Keynoting Linked Files? is this available now? or do we have to default to the "by Linked View"

arqt49
2008-06-16, 12:14 PM
If you have the rooms with the different buildings parameter (department or other), you can do filter the door schedule with the "to room" parameters.

greg.gebert978266
2008-06-16, 03:27 PM
I don't know if this will help or not but I'm gonna try......

1) You could add a building designation to the door number, i.e. A-101, B-101, and C-101. Then, sort by the door number.

Or if you don't want to do that....

2) You could create a shared parameter for the doors that will indicate what building it is located in (i.e. A, B, C). Then you could sort by this parameter. If you don't want it to show up on your schedule check the "hidden field" box so it doesn't show up in your schedule.

That might help with the scheduling issue. I'm not to sure how to link the same building 3 times and have the same door information show up 3 different ways. I don't think a database has that capability. You may have to create 3 separate files (one for each building) adjust the information appropriately and link each file into a "central" file. It seems like additional work, but if you have a 100% complete project then it is as simple as copying the file and re-naming.

Steve_Stafford
2008-06-16, 05:32 PM
You can include project information and file information in the door schedule if you select the "Select available fields from" list box. This permits you to differentiate between doors by showing which "building" or "project" file they are located in.

You can also us a prefix scheme in the door numbers themselves.

d.stairmand
2008-06-17, 12:30 AM
Steve
That was just what i was looking for!

Thanks a Million