PDA

View Full Version : Section marks misbehaving

markarmour
2008-06-16, 06:57 AM
What I am trying to achieve is for section marks to appear on the drawing relevant to the section.
For example, all sections relevant to architectural (200 series drawings) to appear on the architectural 200 series plans. Sections relevant to structural steel (500 series drawings) to appear on the 500 series plans. I am aware of views being able to be architectural, structural, coordination etc. I am also aware of sections being made visible/invisible at selected scales. Neither of theses seems to be the issue.
I place the section mark on the plan relevant to the discipline, ie sections for 500 series on the 500 plans, and so on.
However try as I may, the referenced sheet will show the section has come from a 300 series drawing (concrete) or some other obscure location. If I hide the section mark in the 300 drawing, it simply moves to another drawing, hide again until eventually it is referencing the sheet the section is placed on. Can someone please help?
Mark

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-16, 03:16 PM
You will have to create different types of section marks and set the different types to be Architectural, Structural etc. (they can graphically be the same, but with their parameters set to different disciplines).
Then you have to set your different views for the different series to follow their specific discipline (architectural, structural). Inserting the section mark set to be structural on a view set to structural discipline will make that section reference the right view. The same for the architectural series.

Andre Carvalho