PDA

View Full Version : Lost Import

brd
2008-06-16, 04:06 PM
One of our Revit newbies imported a CAD file and it seems to be lost in space. I cannot find it anywhere. Is there a "find" command or something that will help me find it? He imported the same file 4 times because he didn't think the command worked, and it shows up four times under visibility graphics, but because it's not linked, it doesn't show up in the manage links menu. How do I find it to delete 3 of them, and move the other into the right place?

Thanks.

aggockel50321
2008-06-16, 06:27 PM
Try this:

Assuming he did not check "current view only" when he imported them, go to a 3d view, and zoom to fit.

Then select every thing on the screen with the selection crossing box. Select the filter radio button. If they show there, you can filter them out and delete them.

arqt49
2008-06-17, 02:00 PM
Maybe the view is cropped.
Try to disable the crop mark and do a zoom extents.

Rick Houle
2008-06-17, 02:14 PM
I tell my folks to LINK ALWAYS just for this reason. It happens too often (with new folks) and it's not always an easy find. I would tell your new person to go find it and maybe that will get the point across.

Unfortunately, these things can hide inside groups or families as well - bad cad that is.
Sometimes, you have to get the bad cad out of a group or family before you can purge the name from the BIM.

A "SHOW CAD" option would be great. (cad is typically the root of the evil in my Revit corruptions.)

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-17, 03:56 PM
You might want to take a look at this site : http://www.revittools.info/

Scroll down and you'll see a tool for Revit that can manage imported DWGs and delete them. It is available for download.

Regarding the DWG disappearing, make sure you are not importing it into an workset that's turned off.

Andre Carvalho

Rick Houle
2008-06-17, 04:07 PM
Cool link, thanks.

Do you know,

are these tools different than the ones downloaded from Subscription center? several seem to be the same...

Also, i assume this cad link mgr. tool works with unlinked cad work in the BIM?