PDA

View Full Version : display order problem when plotting

xiqx
2008-06-17, 09:59 AM
Hi,

please take a look at these two files. one is a screenshot from Revit and the section is a pdf printed from that file. As you can see on the screenshot, the grey model pattern is shown correctly. When you print it it sudden ly comes to the front( see pdf) I tried it also printing to dwf and to a reguar printer. All the prints show the grey model pattern on top.

I appreciate some suggestions on how to fix this.

thanks

xiqx

ejburrell67787
2008-06-17, 10:43 AM
I can't see any difference between the image and the pdf... specifically which model pattern are you referring to?

xiqx
2008-06-17, 02:10 PM
thanks for looking,

take a look at the light grey bricks (surface pattern) go to the left and notice how they are in front of a black line from a wall that is being cut.

hope this helps.

thank you for your time

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-17, 04:04 PM
That's weird. Have you tried printing your view as raster rather than vector under Revit printing settings? Usually these "weird" things that happen when printing are solved by doing this...

Andre Carvalho

ejburrell67787
2008-06-17, 04:29 PM
Oh in front of the black outline of the sectioned wall, I see now. I would suggest trying raster printing also.

HTH.

patricks
2008-06-17, 05:28 PM
Is that really noticeable on paper? I don't think I would worry about those gray lines on top of the black line.

Now if the model pattern completely covered a cut wall in front of it, then I would be worried.