PDA

View Full Version : Topography Woes

mitch.cornelius
2008-06-17, 04:50 PM
Has anyone run into problems of the imported topo file not creating an accurate toposurface? I've received topo drawings from our civil engineer on this project; I imported the .dwg file and used it as an import instance for the toposurface. It is a fairly complicated site with steep banks that the building is set in. I've attached images of how the topo drawing looks versus how revit models the site (the thick bar on the civil drawings is actually several contour lines packed close together). The problem gets even worse when the model is exported to navisworks...

I need this to import properly so I can get accurate cut/fill quantities on the project. I really don't want to go through and add a zillion individual elevation points througout...can anyone help?

sbrown
2008-06-17, 05:06 PM
You need to make your cad lines continue thru the retaining walls, then using the split surface tool, split out the surface at the walls, this will give you a cleaner solution. If two topo lines start and stop revit will connect the dots so you either have to add points to fix that or give a more complete picture of the topo in the cad file, then delete what isn't needed.