PDA

View Full Version : Image embedded in detail component and it just wont work...

PeterJ
2003-07-31, 03:21 PM
The attached contains a jpg swiped from one of Audi's websites. It is scaled to the right size in my component - 4833mm long - but seems to double in size when placed in a model.

Both model and component are set to mm.

All this debate about a scale tool and Revit finds the skills when I don't need it.

Any thoughts?

P

Phil Palmer
2003-07-31, 03:51 PM
I keep getting some strange errors when trying to insert it into a view
Revit wants to close that view down
When I look I see nothing ?

Strange !

LMSmith
2003-07-31, 08:02 PM
I'm seeing that the scale of your family view is 1:10. Inserting it into a 1:10 view in the project brings it in at the right size. Placing it in a 1:20 view doubles it. Try Import>Image if you want to adjust the size of the raster image in the project.

beegee
2003-08-01, 06:48 AM
On the subject of strangely shrunkun cars, has anyone looked at the MX5 attached ? ( 3D Model )
I think it came from RUGI.
It looks to be about half the size of a VW beetle when inserted in a project.
No idea how to scale it up.

PeterJ
2003-08-01, 07:14 AM
I'm seeing that the scale of your family view is 1:10. Inserting it into a 1:10 view in the project brings it in at the right size. Placing it in a 1:20 view doubles it. Try Import>Image if you want to adjust the size of the raster image in the project.

I simply cannot see the wood for the trees sometimes. Thanks.
In the end I traced over it with about 6 splines. The exercise was to show the client that their new pride and joy would fit in the garage, I didn't need the remainder of the detail.

On the subject of strangely shrunkun cars, has anyone looked at the MX5 attached ? ( 3D Model )
I think it came from RUGI.
It looks to be about half the size of a VW beetle when inserted in a project.
No idea how to scale it up.

Grab it from the accustudio site and fiddle around with the mesh the other Autodesk product or look at importing the dxf with a scale modifier. You can't scale the rfa.

P

beegee
2003-08-01, 07:25 AM
Thanks Peter J,

I'll give it a try in 3D Studio Max.

Re importing cars from Accustudio, (you also mentioned something about that in a post in another thread ) What is the process, - can the file type be converted to rfa, or does it insert straight into the image. Is it necessary to import and path to the accustio materials ?

PeterJ
2003-08-01, 08:03 AM
www.accustudio.com have dxf models of mesh surfaces. You should be able to download and insert into an rfa. It won't be parametric, but most of the entourage shouldn't need to be. i.e. a car don't change shape.

Yes you'll want the materials library too.