PDA

View Full Version : Wall Tags

Tungsten
2008-06-18, 08:33 AM
Following on from my first post on Augi as a Revit newbie i would like to ask the panel of experts here about wall tags as it happened to be the first task given to me to work on in Revit. I know that unlike other elements wall tags have to be placed individually which is quite painstaking level after level. Does anyone have a best practice approach to this type of documenting and are there any tips & tricks etc to speed up the process? Also is it possible to replace wall types and have the tag update accordingly? Look forward to your replies. Many thanks.

brenehan
2008-06-18, 09:23 AM
Hi Tungsten

The obvious answer here is, I think you need to read up on the help (manual) section in Revit on Tagging. It will answer your question.
In regard to best practice, create an in-house schedule of your walls. You can review and add data to it very quickly. Try to add as much information to this before tagging the walls. It also may be helpful if the Wall Type is in the family name of the wall. The Tagging is the easy part of it, and where you placed the tag will be the exact same as what ever office procedures you had for example in AutoCAD.