PDA

View Full Version : Toposurface points not showing below certain elevation

patricks
2008-06-18, 02:59 PM
I have a site where I'm trying to create the existing topography using a scanned site plan with survey points on it. I don't have a CAD file unfortunately.

Most of the points are in the 439-453' elevation range. The problem is that when I set the elevation for a new point below a certain elevation, I cannot see the point at the end of the little pencil, and I also cannot see the point after I place it. It's some random elevation between 440 and 441, like 440.7x or something. I can see a point at 440.8, but I cannot see any points at 440 or below.

My view range is set with the top and the cut plane at 500 feet, and the view is set to wireframe with all model elements turned off except for the raster image of the survey points, and the toposurface. All other points show up fine except for this one area of the site that is below the 440.8 elevation. Anyone experience this before?

patricks
2008-06-18, 03:18 PM
The problem was that another user had moved the building levels up 440+ feet, instead of using "relocate this project", and I had the view range set to only 1 foot below the 1st floor level. I changed it to -100 for depth and bottom of view, and everything showed up.