PDA

View Full Version : Room tagging in demolition phase

jmerrick
2008-06-18, 06:15 PM
I have been attempting to make distinctions between existing, demolition, and new construction phases. One of the issues with this is the tagging of rooms. I want to tag the spaces in the demolition plan to be shown in the construction documents. But once a wall has been demolished in the model it no longer contains a room, even though the wall properties still show it as room bounding. If I apply the new construction phase and a filter to show the demolished walls I get a plan that looks correct but the rooms showing in this view will be the ones associated with new construction.

Any ideas and/or solutions to this?

jcoe
2008-06-18, 07:55 PM
This is a known Revit condition that has been a point of many discussions on this forum. In short you will need to use a work around to accomplish this.

You will first need to create a copy of an existing floor plan and turn off everything except rooms and room tags. You will then need to make sure the scale of this view is the same as your demolition view. Next you want to place the demolition view onto a drawing sheet. Now you will want to place the existing floor plan view you just created over the demolition plan. Because the scales of the views are the same, Revit will want to snap the views together once you get them close to alignment. Lastly, you will need to turn the view title of your existing view off.

I hope this was helpful. There are other threads that address this same issue as well. I got this tip from Steve Stafford.