PDA

View Full Version : Below grade architecture

ron.sanpedro
2008-06-18, 08:37 PM
So, anyone have a sweet trick for getting architecture below grade, but with a nice transition of new grade above the structure into the existing topo? Ideally something that looks at least halfway right in plan, section, elevation and 3D?

I have tried splitting out the portion of the site over the structure and
1: Create a new Type; no go, only Default is possible as a type, even tho' the Type selector in Element Properties in not grayed out.
2: Apply a different Material to the separated surface; no go, the material only impacts the surface, I still get soil poche in section
3: In Section, Override Graphics in View on the separate bit and turn off visibility of Cut pattern. Again, the UI tells me I can, but nothing happens.

The closest I have come is to just use a material for Site Cut pattern that has no cut material, then manually place a Filled Region in every section that needs it, which is a ton of work for a very complex building. Anyway, hoping there is a better answer than 2D drafting kludges.

Thanks,
Gordon

tomnewsom
2008-06-19, 01:22 PM
Same trick, but I just leave my site cut unfilled (unless there's stuff visible 'inside' the cut and then I blank it out)

ajayholland
2008-06-19, 03:35 PM
I remembered a similar thread I had to which I had contributed. As it turns out, it was over two years ago! There was more than one solution. Thanks AUGI.

Subterranean Parking Garage

~AJH