PDA

View Full Version : 2009 - How to change units of levels?

patricks
2008-06-19, 02:15 PM
In 2008, if I edit a level head family, I can change the units of the Elevation label to report by project units, or I can specify a specific unit style, such as feet and fractional inches, decimal feet, etc.

Now in 2009, when I click on the Elevation label properties, I no longer see the option to change the units style.

I need my project units to be feet and fractional inches, but since I'm dealing with an existing building, I would like for the levels to report shared elevations in decimal format.

Please someone tell me that a level head's units are not limited strictly to however the project units are set. I hope I'm overlooking something, and the factory did not in fact take away yet another feature that we had before.

Steve_Stafford
2008-06-19, 02:22 PM
You should be able to adjust this in the Level Head family and reload.

patricks
2008-06-19, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I just did that in 2008.

But in 2009, when I edit the level head family and click on the label that says Elevation, there is no option to change the units style. Instead there is this Edit Label button that brings up some kind of new Edit Label dialog box, a dialog box that looks similar to the Color Fill dialog that was new in 2008.

patricks
2008-06-19, 02:29 PM
Nevermind, I see that when I click on the Elevation parameter in the Edit Label dialog, there is a small button at the bottom for changing the units.

Sure would be nice to be able to change that directly in the family's type parameters, like we can with spot elevations, instead of having to edit the family itself.