PDA

View Full Version : Temporary dimension text size

sifuentes
2004-09-15, 08:06 PM
Is it possible to change the text size of temporary dimensions? In my display it shows very small, hard to read.

Thanks,

sfaust
2004-09-15, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't right now, but would be good for the wishlist

roy.70844
2004-09-16, 10:15 AM
I have seen this a few times before. I think it may be an issue of graphics card/drivers. On each occasion the user had Revit 6.0 when they upgraded to 6.1 the problem went away!

Roy

JamesVan
2004-09-18, 02:28 AM
We have the same problem on some machines. Try increasing the screen resolution. Works in most cases, but doesn't make the visually challenged team members so happy.

Scott Hillman
2005-04-13, 07:25 PM
The text on my temporary dimensions is to small. How can I fix this?

Scott Hillman
2005-04-13, 07:48 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with graphics drivers. I have 2 identical CPU's, one shows the temporary dims just fine, the other it is so small that you can't read it. I've adjusted my screen resolution up and down. Nothing seems to work. The only difference it the 2 computers is the monitors. The one that shows the dims fine is a 19" Dell flat screen and the one that doesn't is a 19" Dell Digital flat panel. What ever the problem is, I need a fix, QUICK!

sbrown
2005-04-13, 08:36 PM
quick fix is to just use real dims and delete them. I've never been able to read my temp dims.

anthony.67953
2005-04-13, 09:05 PM
If the Factory just fixes this on version 8 it would be worth it.

J. Grouchy
2005-04-13, 09:07 PM
This has been brought up in several other threads...my vote was to have the dimension text appear also in the status bar (and my other wish was for x, y and angular values).

Roger Evans
2005-04-13, 09:40 PM
Due to a computer crash on my AMD System I have resorted to a borrowed Dell for the time being & guess what ? ~ The temp dims were more legible on the AMD ~ (not great but more readable)

Screen Size / Resolution & Monitor all the same

Incidentally very impressed with the Dell ~ (my first experience with Intel) though haven't tried render yet ~ & has a noticeably quieter operation

Roger Evans
2005-10-29, 01:18 PM
Has this issue been resolved yet ? (I am using 8.0 at moment 19" CRT ~ NB comment above was written about Revit 7 but same monitor & settings)

Why is it we cannot select the text size & colour we think most suitable for us??

Temp dims are either getting smaller or I need another trip to the optician

I have a magnifying glass to hand but this is by no means a perfect solution
it is almost pointless having temp dims / or the measuring tool / or the resize tool if you cannot get a decent read out that stands out from the background drawing.

Batman
2005-10-31, 04:56 PM
I think you mean Optometrist, either that or you could be pregant (obstertrician).

I've only noticed the small text size in version 8. There has been a monitor change but I wouldn't have thought that it was dependant on that.

I usually have to click on the text and activiate it just to read it. Beats creating a seperate dim line.

Roger Evans
2005-10-31, 05:13 PM
I think you mean Optometrist, either that or you could be pregant (obstertrician).

I've only noticed the small text size in version 8. There has been a monitor change but I wouldn't have thought that it was dependant on that.

www.qssa.co.uk/reed/opt/optsubsorder.asp?source=396 (http://www.qssa.co.uk/reed/opt/optsubsorder.asp?source=396)
Divided by a common language eh?? UK word don't know about possible useage in Aus though

My experience Temp Size has gradually decreased since 6.0 but 8.0 is the smallest so far

Rols
2005-10-31, 05:53 PM
I've noticed something like this whenever I use our old projector for live demonstrations, which would lead me to believe that it's tied to screen resolution. I have my computer set to 1280x1024, while the projector's max is 1024x768. Check to see that your graphics card output is not exceeding your monitor's maximum resolution.

Roger Evans
2005-10-31, 06:09 PM
I've noticed something like this whenever I use our old projector for live demonstrations, which would lead me to believe that it's tied to screen resolution. I have my computer set to 1280x1024, while the projector's max is 1024x768. Check to see that your graphics card output is not exceeding your monitor's maximum resolution.

Nice one .. I have always used 1024 I guess the factory set up for their own monitors

david.kingham
2005-10-31, 07:06 PM
You guys either have bad eyes or bad monitors lol my resolution is 1600x1200 and the text size is just right. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to adjust it, I'm just giving you guys ***** ;)

Roger Evans
2005-10-31, 08:10 PM
You guys either have bad eyes or bad monitors lol my resolution is 1600x1200 and the text size is just right. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to adjust it, I'm just giving you guys ***** ;)

Bad eyes is right
During this intermission I played with the settings 1600x1200 ~ no change to temp text size or readability but it took me 10 minutes to find the Revit icon on the desktop ~ hit it by trial & error in the end