PDA

View Full Version : Possible to create a shared parameter that autoincrements upon placement?

richard.140626
2008-06-24, 01:54 AM
I need to have my headers increment a shared instance parameter (KEYPLAN_ID) upon placement, for example. The first header placed is H1, the second H2, etc. These already have a shared type parameter for construction schedule purposes, I need this parameter to create a keyplan for engineering calculations. As it stands, I can place them all fine with a blank KEYPLAN_ID and just renumber then in the schedule, but it would be nice if this was able to be automated. Is it there and I am missing it or?

Also, there does not appear to be a way to append text to a result in a formula? Wishlist item (maybe make it similar to 'prefix' and suffix'.

DoTheBIM
2008-06-24, 12:39 PM
I believe your out of luck on both accounts. I'd like the ability to process text in the family editor too, but I think I will end up learning some basic API functionality and just setting a text parameter via execution of a script/program... before I see the functionality added to the family editor. I could also see some potential value to auto increment parameter/property as well.

richard.140626
2008-06-24, 09:05 PM
I feared it was not possible. Thanks.

johk
2008-06-25, 01:45 AM
If you use RST2009 and have downloaded the extensions there is a feature that is called "Elements Positioning". With this one you can automatically number your rafters, headers etc. It can even add the tag for you :)

Cheers,
Jonas