PDA

View Full Version : Stair Question

wse1
2008-06-24, 05:54 PM
When building a stair in Revit, what is the blue line in the center of the stair represent? Every time I try to adjust it, strange things happen, so I ignore it. Please enlighten me.

Thanks Bill

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-24, 06:06 PM
The blue line represents the flight of the stair. If you have an L shaped stair, you will have two flights and therefore two blue lines. Dragging the end of a blue line will increase / decrease the number of risers.

Andre Carvalho

wse1
2008-06-24, 07:05 PM
Thanks Andre,

I just made a "U" shape stair and there is a blue line segment that shows up on one landing but not the other. Should I delete the segments on the landing? Also, I noticed that in 3D portions of the stringers are cut off. Would the blue lines be causing this?

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Andre Carvalho
2008-06-24, 07:16 PM
If there's no riser on the landing, probably you can delete the blue line. But wouldn't be easier to start over drawing the run (flights) again? Sometimes when the stair sketch is not working, it is easier just erasing the sketch lines and starting over.

Make sure the blue lines are in between the first and the last riser of each flight. Also, pay attention to the green lines defining the stair's boundary. Make sure the green line is broken between the last riser of each flight and the landings. This will make the stringers and railings work as supposed.

Andre Carvalho