PDA

View Full Version : doing more than gross and rentable area plans

AP23
2008-06-24, 08:11 PM
I need to make several area plans per floor and noticed that you're not able to make independent duplicates of area plans. For some reason Revit only alows you to make a rentable and a gross area plan. I must be doing something wrong.

aaronrumple
2008-06-24, 08:26 PM
Uncheck "Do not duplicate existing views" when you create the new area plan.

All area plans will either be gross or rentable. This is just determining how the exterior walls are calculated and a few other minor things.

For a net floor area - use a room schedule.

davidcobi
2008-06-24, 08:33 PM
Go to Settings... Room and Area Settings... Areas Schemes... New to create areas other than gross and rentable. And I've heard that the area rules that are used to auto generate area boundaries are BOCA rules.

AP23
2008-06-24, 08:45 PM
Go to Settings... Room and Area Settings... Areas Schemes... New to create areas other than gross and rentable.

That's what i'm talking about. Thanks

bdorsey.189306
2009-01-05, 02:36 PM
There is no command under "Settings"... called "Room and Area Settings"... In order to get to "Area Schemes"... It is located under "Settings".... "Area and Volume Computations".... second tab next to "Computations"... is "Area Schemes"...

Second part: It is not possible to create anything other than gross and rentable, those are the only to options that Revit 09 offers to select from.

mjward1
2009-01-05, 03:25 PM
"Second part: It is not possible to create anything other than gross and rentable, those are the only to options that Revit 09 offers to select from."

Not unless you hit that "new" button on the right under area schemes...

bdorsey.189306
2009-01-05, 04:23 PM
Yes you can create a new area scheme, However you can only create one of two types of area schemes, either a rentable or gross scheme

Matt Brennan
2009-01-05, 04:54 PM
After creating a new area type (stating above) and area plan, when it asks to automatically place the boundary's, select "no". At that point go under the Room and area design bar and select area boundary. Before you pick some walls, deselect the "Apply Area Rules".

When you complete your perimeter, the area lines will not shift on you. We recently ran into this problem too and this method worked.

jj mac
2010-09-22, 05:12 PM
Yes you can create a new area scheme, However you can only create one of two types of area schemes, either a rentable or gross scheme

bdorsey (or anyone else who may know)

The window you show in the image attached to your post gives you the option to choose what 'Area Type' you want to create - Rentable or Gross Building.

I have noticed that this window (and choice) does not appear on all of our files...? Any ideas why this would be. If the window does not pop up than the default always goes to Rentable.