PDA

View Full Version : Batch Plot in AutoCAD 2004

Aquaserpent
2004-09-16, 12:03 PM
I have several different block that I use for title blocks (ie. cover, details, plan/profiles, & cross sections). In my drawings I will insert one of these title blocks on to a tab page, setup my view or views and this will be one page in the plan set. I will do the same procedure for every tab page, so one drawing can have 40 or more tab pages. When the plan set is ready for plotting I will start the batch plot utility and open my drawing select the page setup I want plotted etc. and batch plot utility does the rest.

In 2004 I find that the batch plot is within Autocad, and that it is tied to sheet manager. The sheet has to be defined as a sheet style, before batch plot will function. My recollection of how sheet manager works is you setup one page for all your plan/profiles and have the view come in to the view port one at a time. With this approach one could have only a few tab sheets and hundreds for sheets generated from them. The problem is we have never gotten Sheet Manager to function in a manner that is acceptable to us.

At this point I am wondering if I will be able to utilize batch plot with our page setup scenario or are we going to be forced to use sheet manager in order to utilize batch plot?

mjfarrell
2004-09-16, 01:27 PM
Fred,

The process, I would recommend is as follows
Within Land you will need to set up your Sheet Style
with sheet manager. This style sheet will consist of
Your predefined Page Set-up for the size that you will plot,
and a host of frames that will be either plan, profile, or
plan and profile, as well as annotation frames.

Then when your alignment and profiles are done
(the design) you open a blank drawing within the
land project and XREF in all model space data for the project.
And run sheet manager for each alignment, when
happy with the sheet layout move on to the next alignment.
When this is done for all alignments, you use sheet manager to
import all sheets into the drawing.
Then when one uses the new Publish feature one loads this sheet
manager drawing to load the sheet manager file containing
all the sheets, with assigned named page set-ups (already applied
above) and publishes the entire set.

You can do this other ways, and not use sheet manager when
creating your plan and profile sheets.
You can still plot the lot of them without using sheet set manager
as well.

It all depends on how much you want to standardize ones plotting
and plan and profile sheet generation

Mike.Perry
2004-09-16, 06:05 PM
Hi

Have a browse of the following thread -

Is there any replacement for BatchPlot in Autocad 04 and 05? (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4846&highlight=Publish+Plot)

Have a good one, Mike

Aquaserpent
2004-09-16, 06:54 PM
THAT'S IT!

Thanks a lot, believe it or not I read that thread when it was being discussed and then when I need it I completely forgot it.