PDA

View Full Version : reveal interrupted by window

cbaze
2008-06-26, 09:06 PM
If the bottom of a wall based family or imbedded curtain wall is flush with the top of a reveal, the reveal is interrupted. Is there any setting I can change to make the reveal continuous?

sbrown
2008-06-26, 09:24 PM
if the orgin of the reveal profile hits anything it stops. so all you need to do is recreate the profile using the center of the profile as the origin then it will pass right thru.

cbaze
2008-06-26, 09:44 PM
if the orgin of the reveal profile hits anything it stops. so all you need to do is recreate the profile using the center of the profile as the origin then it will pass right thru.

hmm, I guess I should have asked that before I created 100+ type based reveals like this. Is there any way to do it without having to go back into the type sweeps to readjust? BTW Scott are you in the Honolulu office?

Dwane Lindsey
2008-06-26, 10:56 PM
Is there any way to do it without having to go back into the type sweeps to readjust?

Unfortunately, there isn't a quick fix since you have a window directly above and below the sweep. The origin of the reveal has to be in the center...well technically it doesn't have to be at the center...just has to be not be at the top or bottom of the profile, but the center makes the most sense as Scott mentioned.

For future reference... if you didn't have a window above and below, then you could just flip the sweep so the origin didn't touch an opening.

EDIT: As I was writing a blog post, this condition is only true if you are using 2008. 2009 will allow this condition without having to change the insertion point of the profile. Here's the post...http://revit-archcenter.blogspot.com/2008/06/sweep-updates-in-2009.html