PDA

View Full Version : Dimension on "Subregion".

Jun Austria
2008-06-30, 02:16 AM
How to put dimensions on "Subregion" of toposurface. Selecting the "Subregion" object and pressing "activate Dimensions" is not doing anything. This is my first time doing site on Revit(Build: 20080602_1200).

Chad Smith
2008-06-30, 11:22 AM
You can't dimension sub-regions. You need to place a line (detail or model) over the edge of the sub-region for a dimension to grab to.

luigi
2008-07-01, 05:32 AM
As Chad mentioned, you can't do it..you'll have to use lines.

What I've done in the past is to draw my site plan with detail lines...then I copy and paste those lines in sketch mode for my subregion.....I also have tried to pick and lock the line...but I don't remember if there were cons by locking them...

If all the subregions are done, which sounds like the case, you can enter sketch mode...copy the sketch...and paste in your view...but this will place model lines...which may be cumbersome in your other views...so after copying them to the clipboard, you can create a filled region and paste them inside the filled region....then select them again, copy them and paste them in your site plan view....they should be pasted as detail lines, instead of model lines. This extra step is only required if you don't want to manage the model lines....which can be managed by the linestyle you give them...

HTH,
Luigi

How to put dimensions on "Subregion" of toposurface. Selecting the "Subregion" object and pressing "activate Dimensions" is not doing anything. This is my first time doing site on Revit(Build: 20080602_1200).

Jun Austria
2008-07-01, 05:45 AM
As Chad mentioned, you can't do it..you'll have to use lines.

What I've done in the past is to draw my site plan with detail lines...then I copy and paste those lines in sketch mode for my subregion.....I also have tried to pick and lock the line...but I don't remember if there were cons by locking them...

If all the subregions are done, which sounds like the case, you can enter sketch mode...copy the sketch...and paste in your view...but this will place model lines...which may be cumbersome in your other views...so after copying them to the clipboard, you can create a filled region and paste them inside the filled region....then select them again, copy them and paste them in your site plan view....they should be pasted as detail lines, instead of model lines. This extra step is only required if you don't want to manage the model lines....which can be managed by the linestyle you give them...

HTH,
Luigi

Thanks for the tip. Actually, the site layout was done in AutoCAD then imported to Revit.
After tracing the dwg import to subregion, I deleted the dwg. So I guess next time I should keep it. Thanks again.