PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella

fjtdogeno
2008-06-30, 04:05 AM
Hi guys, is it possible in Revit to have an umbrella shape roof? i tried but its just simple dome shape. see attachment.

Jun Austria
2008-06-30, 07:01 AM
Hi guys, is it possible in Revit to have an umbrella shape roof? i tried but its just simple dome shape. see attachment.

Umbrella meaning showing that rib? Can. This how I do it...

1. Create a "Ref Plane" on plan view. Then create the model via extrude on you're "Ref Plane" sketching the umbrella profile.
2. Go back to plan view and create two voids at the start and end of extrution. The end result should be at the shape of a "PIE" in plan view.
3. Then you either array or mirror the pie to make a full circle.To complete the umbrella shape.

fjtdogeno
2008-06-30, 07:55 AM
thanks but what i need is similar to umbrella shape which a little bit convex shape at the fall of the roof all the way to the apex.

fjtdogeno
2008-06-30, 08:33 AM
thanks again jun but i already got what i want you can check the attachment.

patricks
2008-06-30, 12:20 PM
How did you end up making that roof?

fjtdogeno
2008-06-30, 01:49 PM
its a sort of massing using solid and void with revolve plus sweep. Can i have your email add?

Jun Austria
2008-07-01, 06:22 AM
thanks again jun but i already got what i want you can check the attachment.

Nice work.

luigi
2008-07-01, 06:29 AM
do you have 2009? would the sweep blend tool work better than using solids and voids and sweep? I think if you make one radial piece....bottom, top and the arc as a path, then radially array it.....basically one solid arrayed
ooh...and you can make the component directly into a roof (if that is what you are creating) insted of creating a mass and adding walls to the faces...

Anyways...you got it working the way you want it...and it looks good!

its a sort of massing using solid and void with revolve plus sweep. Can i have your email add?

fjtdogeno
2008-07-01, 06:56 AM
Yeah your right Luigi the component must be roof but it doesnt work in this kind of mass shape only wall can be apply, i will try in revit 2009 since i did this one in 2008 version.
cheers

sfaust
2008-07-01, 03:51 PM
You could also do this with a sweep. Make the path a very small circle (i.e. 1/8" diameter) at the point of the umbrella. Then make the path an arc shape however you need it. Finish the sweep, then turn on trajectory segmentation in the properties and set the maximum angle.

fjtdogeno
2008-07-02, 05:52 AM
Thanks everybody for all comments and suggestions.......