PDA

View Full Version : REMOVING Design Options

RafeRedmond
2008-06-30, 04:43 PM
I have a project where I modeled two options for a stair. The client has now decided on which option to move forward with, so now I would like to remove the design options from the model. Is it possible to completely get rid of the option sets and return model elements from an option set to the main model? THANKS in advance for any suggestions!

Revit 2008

tomnewsom
2008-06-30, 04:47 PM
Check your help file, this is a direct quote:

To incorporate a design option into the main model

Click Tools menuDesign OptionsDesign Options, or click on the Design Options toolbar.
In the Design Options dialog, select the design option set that includes the desired option.
If the desired option is secondary, select the design option in the list, and click Make Primary to promote it to the primary option.
Under Option Set, click Accept Primary to incorporate the primary option into the main model.
Revit Architecture prompts you to confirm this action.

Click Yes.
Revit Architecture incorporates the primary option into the main model and deletes the design option set.

Click Close.

ron.sanpedro
2008-06-30, 04:48 PM
I have a project where I modeled two options for a stair. The client has now decided on which option to move forward with, so now I would like to remove the design options from the model. Is it possible to completely get rid of the option sets and return model elements from an option set to the main model? THANKS in advance for any suggestions!

Revit 2008

Set the one you want to keep as Primary, then Accept Primary, all withing the Design options dialog. This will move the Primary Option for that Option Set into the Main model, and delete all secondary options.

best,
Gordon

Scott Womack
2008-06-30, 04:48 PM
Revit 2008

Set the Design option you want to be the Primary. Then select the Otion Set, and hit the button labeled "Accept Primary" This will remove that Option, Set, and move its components back into the Main Model.