PDA

View Full Version : Adding Symbols to a Schedule

yentes1
2008-07-01, 06:49 PM
I have a Lighting Schedule I have created for a remodel project I am working on. A standard for scheduling, in our company, is to show the symbol in the schedule that is being referenced in the drawing. (Such as a Troffer light or an Emergency light etc.) I have all the Identity Data entered for all the lights and that information populated the schedule as it was supposed to. Is there a way to add the symbol to the schedule? I tried to create a new parameter and that didn't work. I didn't crate custom symbols or import them from AutoCAD, I am just using the ones provided in the Revit libraries. So, I hoped that they would schedule easily...but that hasn't been the case.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben

Scott Womack
2008-07-01, 07:59 PM
I have a Lighting Schedule I have created for a remodel project I am working on. A standard for scheduling, in our company, is to show the symbol in the schedule that is being referenced in the drawing. (Such as a Troffer light or an Emergency light etc.) I have all the Identity Data entered for all the lights and that information populated the schedule as it was supposed to. Is there a way to add the symbol to the schedule? I tried to create a new parameter and that didn't work. I didn't crate custom symbols or import them from AutoCAD, I am just using the ones provided in the Revit libraries. So, I hoped that they would schedule easily...but that hasn't been the case.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben

No there is no direct way to add symbols to a view. You only "work-a-round is to create a legend, with the lighting symbols in it, spaced so as to appear next to the schedule.

yentes1
2008-07-01, 09:00 PM
Thanks, I will give the legend a try.
Ben