PDA

View Full Version : question about accurender texture slash color

ntnik
2008-07-01, 06:56 PM
if i change one of the settings is it overidden back in some "master file setting" and affects several projects of is it unigue to the file that i'm making the change in?

luigi
2008-07-02, 02:38 AM
If it is the standard library on the network, then yes, it affects all projects that uses that material. Sometimes offices don't keep the materials on the network...and if so, then it only affects that computer...not the file. If that file would be opened to another computer, it would use that computer's setting.

In accurender, I always had the main library of materials on the network and as read only...and if I made changes, then I could save that "custom" material in a different library...still on the network...so that no matter which computer, it would use the accurate material...

When are you switching to Revit 2009? ;)

if i change one of the settings is it overidden back in some "master file setting" and affects several projects of is it unigue to the file that i'm making the change in?

ntnik
2008-07-02, 06:13 PM
thanks....figured i should generate a new/custom one instead of just making the change....we are going to have to upgrade soon i think.....we were going to a few months back.....but have put it off till we completed recently finished job.....we have to upgrade (its like crack).....so we dont get caught with having to buy new seats after our version is not supported....i'm "presently" working in an office that is recently trying to adopt revit from A-CAD 14......i've used it for a few years almost