PDA

View Full Version : Import Schedule from one project to another

jerseydevil776
2004-09-16, 07:01 PM
I have a Note Block Schedule for keynotes in a project. I'm using these keynotes in another project but not with the same information in the parameters. How do I bring over the schedule from one to the other? So that I'll have the same headers but it would schedule these new keynotes?

Jersey

hand471037
2004-09-16, 07:21 PM
1. Open both projects within the same session of Revit.
2. Place the keynote schedule on a sheet.
3. Select it, and hit Ctrl-C.
4. Open a sheet in the other project, the one you want to copy it into.
5. Hit Ctrl-V & click where you want to paste it onto a sheet.

Now it will be a proper schedule within your project. For whatever reason, you can only cut-and-paste schedules from a sheet to another sheet between projects.

jerseydevil776
2004-09-16, 08:37 PM
Thanks

I now have the schedule in my new project now, however it's not scheduling the keynotes. When I go to view properties and attempt to edit the fields i get a fatal error that crashes revit.

Jersey

sbrown
2004-09-17, 12:37 PM
try making sure the keynote family is in the file and one instance placed before copying the schedule.

jerseydevil776
2004-09-17, 01:46 PM
It still doesnt seem to work.

SCShell
2004-09-17, 02:38 PM
Hi there,

I am not an expert on schedules; however, I just revisited some of the Revit Tutorials about schedules to learn how to do a hardware schedule, keyed to the door schedule as well as having it make my door instance properties reflect all of the available hardware type choices (closer, kickplate, view panel etc.) While doing these, I noticed that Key Notes and other similar schedules were "keyed" rather than "instance" based.
I wonder if you have to copy over the key tags too in order to bring the referencing element into the new project since it is keyed from the tags. In addition, might the project's Standards be different? You might have to transfer "Project Standards" too.

Just some thoughts.
Steve Shell