PDA

View Full Version : Link attribute field to sheet number

LanceMcHatton
2008-07-02, 09:54 PM
Ok, I understand the concept behind fields. And I keep hearing that you can use fields to make sure that your detail references are always referencing the proper sheet even if the sheet number changes. This is exactly what I want to do but I just can't find anything on that. I might have passed over the appropriate thread but I'm stumped.

Here's how I build a sheet... Titleblock is an attributed block. Detail references are in another xref. How do I get the field in the detail tag in an xref to point to the proper title block in a sheet drawing? Am I going about it wrong?

wroebuck
2008-07-03, 01:37 PM
Are you using sheet set manager? Most of the discussions about setting up a titleblock & using fields to populate the information, are talking about linking the fields thru the sheet set manager.

LanceMcHatton
2008-07-03, 03:04 PM
Oh, ok. I was wondering if that was the key. I'm using AutoCAD LT 2009 and, as far as I can see, there is no sheet set manager. Figures, as soon as I get the motivation to finally start using fields, I lose my job and get a new one where we use LT. Bleh.