gaby424
2008-07-03, 12:09 PM
BACKROUND THINGS:
I have to draw a lot of houses that use external briks walls
(plaster on interior face and rigid insulation on exterior face) but
this walls contain from place to place and in the corners some
inserts of square concrete pilars with the same dimension
as brick core of the walls. I`m looking for a good metod
to insert the concrete pliars in these bricks walls.

In the atachement i explained the way i tryed but doesn`t succed in the corners..

sbrown
2008-07-03, 12:35 PM
Use a structural column instead of an arch column, they don't join. You then can make the material brick insead of concrete. You may need to add a masking region to the family but I don't think you will.

gaby424
2008-07-15, 11:22 AM
thank you very much. But i find out that the problem isn`t solved yet.

If i use 2 structural column inserted in a brick architectural wall, the aspect of the concrete columns is ok until i put a concrete beam that conect the two columns(above the columns). After i put the beam the structural concrete columns doesn`t mask anymore the briks patern of the architectural wall in plan view. So bouth paterns will be revealed (the column and the wall patern) so that`s not ok for my drawing. What should i do?

sbrown
2008-07-15, 04:57 PM
Weird. And you are sure your not in wf mode? If not, send to adsk so they can fix the issue you've found. I'm sure its not intended behavior.

sbrown
2008-07-15, 05:02 PM
I just reproduced what you are seeing, the good news is if you then use join geometery picking the wall then the column it reverts back to the concrete fill only.