PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Project Standards

KGC
2008-07-06, 11:21 PM
I think that i am missing something small, but i cant get the "Transfer Project Standards" to work.

I open the source project, and make a new project (target) and when i go to "Transfer Project Standards" I do NOT get the option to transfer from source project.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-07, 12:01 AM
Are you opening the source, doing a "save as" and then looking to transfer? Both the source file and the target file need to be open in the same Revit session in order to use the transfer project standards command.
If you are just doing a save as to a new project then all the standards should already be there anyway:lol:

Calvn_Swing
2008-07-07, 02:19 AM
Think of it as transfer from, not transfer to. So, open both projects, and go to the one you want to load settings into. Then, you should be able to select the other file and Viola!

If you open a file with the detach from central then the file will have no name which results in the selection looking blank. But, if you select the blank line it will work.

KGC
2008-07-07, 02:10 PM
I figured it out. I had to open both projects and same them. Then it would let me transfer the standards.